We are seeking a digital puzzle master — a storyteller who can piece together a narrative with scraps of film, animation and sound bites. Do you enjoy working with video — editing together many pieces into the best possible narrative whole?
Mabus Agency is seeking a talented video editor with a strong passion for film and the editing process. Editors are a vital part of the production process, adding their ever-improving technical knowledge and creative ideas to the final production.
Rather than an unavoidable and routine production step, editing video is exciting, enjoyable and you continually seek innovative techniques and creative ideas to add to the Mabus Agency arsenal.
As the video editor, you will work with our in-house video production team and assemble footage into client commercials, TV shows and mini-documentaries. This position is for full-time employment at our Tupelo, Mississippi, office.
- Review raw material to create a cohesive video that meets clients expectations
- Work alongside with director to create compelling stories through the editing process
- Trim footage segments and create the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to postproduction process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Work closely with the director to bring a cohesive and well-told story to the audience
- BA/BS in Film Production or equivalent field
- 3-5 years of professional experience as an editor
- Genuine passion for editing
- Strong sense of organization
- Proven knowledge and experience with storytelling across multiple styles (corporate, commercial, documentary)
- Strong experience with Premiere Pro
- Ability to tell and edit a well-crafted story
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing environments
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills