Under supervision of the Traffic Manager and Accounting Manager, the Group Accountant will process work requests (purchase orders) into projects, ensure all details are in place for successful completion (pricing, due dates, specifications, etc.), prepare invoices, and assist in managing client budgets.
The Group Accountant will also support a team of creatives by managing project timelines and budgets. As part of this management, the Group Accountant will be responsible for resource allocation for an individual group of creatives called a Pod. This will include approving time off requests, performance reviews, and direction on individual employees contribution to the team. This position calls for strong interpersonal and management skills, and thorough understanding of customers’ contracts, along with the ability to reconcile and explain receivables and perform various analyses to support continuous improvement.
- Convert Work Requests into Projects
- Gather details around each project to ensure timely delivery and accurate billing
- Manage projects, team and resources to ensure on-time project delivery
- Assist in managing client budgets and individual projects costs as part of the larger budget
- Manage resource allocation within teams to ensure timely project delivery, including managing time off requests, workload, change requests and scope creep.
- Handle customers, project management, invoice, and collection inquires; resolve problems with Relationship Managers as needed.
- Process Purchase Orders (POs)
- Ensure billing is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Gain thorough knowledge of customer contracts
- Create ad hoc reporting as needed
- Assist in troubleshooting data flow issues (i.e. understand end to end processes)
- Keep Traffic Manager and Accounting Manager informed of any account issues; escalate as needed
- Ensure billing systems and procedures are understood and make recommendations for improvements
- Maintain positive relationships with internal personnel and external customers while enforcing company policy and procedures
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- College Degree in related field
- Experience in accounting, project management, or similar role
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to manage others